Monday, August 28, 2006

A great Sunday

I need to write more often. I think I'm still a little nervous about putting stuff out there for anyone to read (not that anyone's really reading this; the only comment I got on a recent post was from someone I don't know who was sharing his poetry, and I think trying to get some business). I know writing about what's happening at church will be helpful, at least for us!

Yesterday was a great day at church. We had a good group in the morning; and worship was fantastic. My partner Lisa preached the best sermon I've heard in a long time, about God's people being imaginative. I wish we were recording our services; hopefully soon. Our friends April and Nuc led music and did great as always. We are so blessed to have them as part of our church family!

Josh, who had been leading music for us, resigned yesterday. Josh was with the church when we came on board. He's a great kid; but his ideas and desires for worship are different from ours, and he recognized that he would be happier somewhere else. I hope he will stay connected in some ways; he is a great photographer and has been really helpful.

Last night we had dinner and communion, followed by some music and discussion with Harp 46. Another awesome experience. It was so powerful sitting around the table (12 of us) taking communion and sharing a great meal and fellowship. The music was amazing!

Lisa and I are putting the finishing touches on some documents that will help clarify who we are and where we are going--mission and vision statements, core values, beliefs, and comittments, and a plan for our first year. Then we take all this to the people of the church and ask people to get on board as we move forward. I know the biggest challenge for some will be changing the name of the church (or adding on to it). We're narrowing down and asking for some divine direction on that decision!

1 comment:

Rev. April said...

Great weekend it was indeed. I'm so inspired by the work you and Lisa are doing!