Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Great Idea if you have kids


My friend Ed gave me a great idea that I have put into action. I bought two note-takers Bibles (wide margins, lines at bottom)--one for each of my kids, and I use one in my quiet time/reading. As I read and pray, I write notes in the Bible--thoughts on certain passages, hopes, dreams, prayers, advice, challenges, encouragement, stories, memories...When they are older I'll give the Bibles to them. The idea is to give them God's word, filled not with commentary and study helps, but with words of love (and hopefully some wisdom) from their dad.

My father died young (56). It would have been so cool to have something like this, where he shared his life and faith with me. If you have kids, I highly recommend it. Even if you don't; it wouldn't be a bad idea to start and get a jump on the future!

On another note, tomorrow we have an important meeting with the trustees of the church. We'll present some of our plans and proposals. If things go well, we should be able to really get moving on some things next week.

No comments: