Saturday, January 20, 2007

my son is a genius

OK, maybe that's a little exaggerated. But he is pretty amazing! I was letting him play with my cell phone--he loves objects with buttons and lights. I locked the keys so he wouldn't call anyone; but after a while saw the screen light come on (it shouldn't in locked mode). He had managed to dial the one number that still works when the phone is locked--911! I ended the call before anyone answered; no one called back and no police showed up.

Something here must run in the family; Jamie told me about a time years ago when she was in the shower and Ashley called 911 from the home phone. The police showed up at the door as Jamie was getting out!

I have a feeling this is just the first of many adventures to come!

Mornings like today are awesome...I get up with Brady so Jamie can sleep a little more. We talk and play and I have prayer time with him--just praying for him and my family. It's really cool; he almost always starts smiling when I pray out loud with him. Kids are great!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Thanks for sharing Todd. Lore and I look forward to having some kids. It is nice to read a post about a parent who loves their children for the small things. It seems to be so rare these days.