Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Things are looking up!

This past Sunday we had our Commitment Sunday--announcing the name change, beginning the next phase of our re-start. We are now Convergence: A Creative Community of Faith at Fair-Park Baptist Church. What a mouthful! You can just say Convergence.

Our focus for the next six months is building relationships with our existing community, preparing to begin outreach and publicity in April.

Sunday was the most enjoyable and meaningful worship I've had in a while. It was the first time in months I didn't feel heavy because of the pessimism of a few folks. I focused on what God is doing, and on the people who are excited and supportive of where we are going (and most people are). Even those who aren't happy didn't express it with grumbling and dirty looks as they have in the past.

Lisa and I spent the last couple weeks visiting with many of the older folks in the church; all the visits were wonderful, and went a long way toward helping us all get on the same page.

Family life is good--the highlight of my day is greeting Brady when he wakes up. I walk into his room, he looks around, and when he sees me his whole face lights up in a big smile. I love my daughter just as much, but when I greet her in the morning she makes mean faces and grumbles, "Five more minutes."

I am still overwhelmed with stuff to do--I need to close here and make about a dozen phone calls--but I am so grateful for my family, and my church, and my friends. Even though this is an extremely stressful time, God continues to bless me every day, in ways big and small.

No comments: