Sunday, October 08, 2006

A good Sunday

Overall, a pretty good day. Church was great; I love having April and Nuc there to play music; we are so blessed! Worship was good, our friend Elise preached about unity and did a great job. We had two visiting couples--one that came on purpose; and one that was lost and just came to the first church they found! It was a reminder to me that God will bring people to us, and us to people.

I was impressed with the dedication of our friend Jay. Jay plays in a band, Middle Distance Runner, and was out till after 3 am; yet he got up and made it to church! He is always there; even though he rarely gets much sleep on Saturdays. I'm grateful for guys like Jay!

Not such a great sports day--the Redskins lost to the Giants. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was leading the race on the last lap, and got wrecked. I was mad. But I won fantasy football, so that helped.

Great time with family tonight. We watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie. I admit it was one of my favorites as a kid. It's great watching it with Ashley, seeing her love something I loved. I'm so blessed by my kids!

No comments: