Sunday, May 18, 2008

convergence block party

on Saturday we held the first annual Convergence Block Party. After a crazy month for many of us at convergence; it was a great success! We met a ton of new people (and several showed up at our worship gathering Sunday afternoon!) Big thanks to Michelle for leading the whole project!

It was a great day of food, games, art, music, hanging out, new friends, and truly awesome weather! 

some highlights and glimpses...watching kids facepaint, play in the moonbounce, eating the free snowcones (thanks Hadleys!)...great music from friends old and new (thanks Stan for making it sound just right!)...my friend David, who's had a rough month, helping and hanging out...hot dogs (and veggie dogs) from grillmaster Jay...my friend Stephen, who pastors at another church, showing up early to help set up--what an amazing servant! It was really great seeing people jump in and work.

One of my favorite moments was introducing Bud and Fred to each other...both have become dear friends to me, I get lunch with them monthly and they are both great encouragers to me!

I made some great new friends--David and I had some great conversation, and I look forward to more...met some neat young couples with great stories...

thanks to everyone who helped out!

I have a few pics below, but Pete took some awesome photos you can view here.


everybody's favorite--the moon bounce!


Nirel with "big bottles of health" at the snowcone stand
 (thanks for the great description, Jay!)


Jay, Jim, and Stephen at the hot dog station


Ana creating beautiful sidewalk art!


No comments: