Friday, November 16, 2007

springsteen concert

I posted this on our family blog; but know only a few people have access to that (it's for family and friends; if you'd like to see it, let me know and I'll send you an invitation).

Sunday night A and I went to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. It was my 10th time seeing him; A's first. It was so great sharing that with her. She was one of the youngest people there!

Wild coincidence--I went back in my old journals and discovered that the first time I saw Bruce was Sunday, November 11, 1984; the tenth was Sunday, November 11, 2007. How cool is that!

We both had a blast. It was great watching her reactions throughout the evening. A loves the drums--she loved "She's the One"--especially when Max blasted the drums. We both love "Badlands," she lit up and started clapping when it played. It was a great bonding experience for us--I love how she enjoys my music! I'm going to make a cd of all the songs he played that night.

At 58, Bruce still puts on an amazing show. I remember 4 hour marathon shows back in the 80s; nights that were so exhausting I was relieved when they were over. He doesn't play as long these days--2 hours 15 minutes--but his energy is still incredible!

I later found a website that gives playlists for all Springsteen concerts dating back to the late 60s! So I found playlists for every concert of his I've seen. Pretty cool.

1 comment:

don't eat alone said...

show a little faith, there's magic in the night . . .

The Boss is the best live performer I've ever seen.

Peace,
Milton