Saturday, April 21, 2007

long week

VA Tech tragedy

it's been over a week since I posted. Monday was rough--the tragedy at VA Tech. It hit me really hard. I didn't personally know anyone affected; but it really got me down. Maybe being a parent makes these things hit me harder. I was pretty depressed for a few days.

Church

Wednesday night I met with our new men's small group at church; it was a fantastic time, really ministered to me. We're starting The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Looks like great stuff so far. We move back into the LAB (our smaller space) this Sunday; it was being painted last couple weeks. Should be great! Check out our website for pics and info.

We got great news this week; we received a substantial grant from the Virginia Baptist Mission Board. Very exciting! It will be a huge help in our renovations; also very affirming that others believe in and support what we are doing.

Family

On Wednesday we went to Richmond for a level 2 sonogram. The doctor said the baby looks perfect! Jamie has a hunch it's a girl, and our friend Wayne predicted it's a girl--Wayne claims to be 19 for 19 in predicting the sex of babies (he was right on Brady).

I'm home with Brady today; having some great guy time!

No comments: