Monday, September 11, 2006

Life is crazy

My life has always been crazy; at least since I hit puberty. I keep thinking one day it will slow down; I should know better, but I don't want to give up the dream...

Had a rough patch today--a phone conversation with one of the senior members of the church. Don't want to go into detail, but dealing with a situation that involved miscommunication, dishonesty, false accusations; stuff that just wears me out. I was really angry. I have struggled more with anger the last 2 months than I had in years; all connected with the church, trying to deal with the few folks who asked for a re-start but now fight it every step of the way. Most of the people are really great, very supportive. It's only a couple who are opposed and very loud who bring me down.

But crazy isn't all bad. I wish I weren't so busy, but I am having fun. Most of the time. My kids are such a great source of joy. We started home-schooling with Ashley (10) last week; she is so bright and alive and has a great sense of humor. The highlight today was singing praise songs with her before we started class. (I can't carry a tune, but she doesn't care, we have so much fun singing together!)

Brady (almost 4 months) still brings tears to my eyes every time he smiles at me. He is doing more and more, laughing, making more noises (the latest is a kind of growl that Jamie says is his bear imitation).

Jamie has two more weeks at work, then will be home full-time--Yay! We had fun this weekend shopping at Ikea.

I realize I talk a lot about what's happening, but don't get too deep or open here. Guess I'm still cautious to put myself out there. My friend April is so good at that--her blogs inspire me.

I enjoy life very much, but feel overwhelmed. There is so much to do. I'm sitting in my home office which needs to be cleaned and organized; but that 's a job that will take hours. I am months behind in organizing receipts and check requests for work. I have over 100 emails in my box to answer; some I know I am too late to help or get or give what is needed.

Brady is waking up from a nap so I need to go get him. I need about 5 more hours in a day. I need to be better organized. I need to watch less TV. I need to slow down and just be with God, enjoy His presence, let Him love me.

No comments: