Sunday, February 03, 2008

confession

What a night. I just finished watching probably the second greatest upset I've ever seen, as the NY Giants beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl (the greatest upset was Mason beating Connecticut to advance to the Final Four in 2006)...
But the highlight of my night was dinner and communion at Convergence. We had our first annual chili cook-off. Our panel of expert judges chose my friend Jason and my step-father Jerry as the winners! There was some great chili!

Dinner was great, then we moved into a time of prayer and reflection, focusing on confession. I'm afraid it's an act that we don't take seriously enough; but scripture addresses it often.

I encouraged people to confess their sins to God; and we gave them the opportunity to express confession creatively, by writing or painting. We also had communion tonight. 

Jamie and I prayed and took communion together; it was powerful. I had to confess I haven't been very loving lately; but sharing that worship experience tonight was very healing. 

It was really cool watching people pray, paint, write, take communion, listen to music--worshiping in individual ways; yet together as a community.

No comments: