Tuesday, July 31, 2007

slowly working through Pete Rollins's book

Haven't posted about Pete Rollins lately...from chapter three of How (Not) To Speak of God:

...our reflections on God never bring us to God...speaking of God is never speaking of God but only ever speaking about our understanding of God. (p. 32)

This inspires me to seek God humbly. To strive to know Him better, and receive His love; but not to think I've got Him figured out. When I read others who say the Bible is clear and without ambiguity; I just don't think that's honest. The Bible is wonderful and confusing and beautiful and mysterious. I don't think God wants it to be easy for us. I think he wants us to pursue Him and wrestle with the Bible; always asking and listening and learning.

Here is one of the posters from Emerging Grace:

No comments: