Friday, July 27, 2007

random thoughts

I'm allowing myself to be way too busy. I'm going to try to start writing every day; even if it's just a sentence or two. God is getting our attention in a big way right now. We recently found out our health insurance is not going to cover Jamie's pregnancy and delivery of the baby (Jamie is due in 6 weeks). There was a waiting period when we added Jamie to the policy, and we didn't read the fine print. Dumb mistake on my part; but I'm not going to dwell on it...

This has forced us to our knees, praying for faith that God will provide, and wisdom to make good decisions. I'm stressed, but that keeps me turning to God. We've talked about doing a home birth with a nurse or midwife--anyone have any experience with that?

I'm working on a sermon for Sunday--preaching at New Hope, my old church--about how we often find our identity in what we do, rather than in God. Very good stuff for me; I'll post some notes and thoughts when I'm done.

I am grateful to Stushie, who reviewed my blog here and encouraged me to write more often.

1 comment:

Tom said...

What is going on with the insurance probs, etc.? How are you guys holding up?