Saturday, February 24, 2007

random thoughts

I'm exhausted. Spent most of this week painting at church--doing a lot of remodeling over next month; making progress, it's gonna look great.

We had a lot of help today--friends from Cornerstone Baptist and the Church at Clarendon. My daughter Ashley and her friend Amanda were great helpers! It was so cool seeing folks jump in and serve!

Last night a few of us went to the 9:30 club in DC to see our own Jay Smith's band, Middle Distance Runner. Jay said playing there has been his dream for years; it was awesome! Twenty years ago I would have been up front by the stage dancing and drinking; but at 41, midnight is really late for a show to start! I didn't get home till almost 3 am, then up at 8 and off to church to paint.

OK, I'm running out of steam; I'll write more tomorrow. If you want to laugh, check out Mr. Deity. Very funny stuff--but you can't be too easily offended about faith. They do prompt some great questions.

No comments: