Thursday, August 31, 2006

Determination

I just finished watching the greatest tennis match I've ever seen. Andre Agassi (36), playing in his final US Open, beat Marcos Baghdatis (21) in a 5 set match that lasted almost 4 hours. Agassi is probably not as good physically, but he refused to lose. His will and determination carried him through...

I want to develop the same determination in my life--as a husband, a father, a friend, a pastor...to be the absolute best I can be at all I do. I want to be able to look back and say I gave everything I had in loving people and sharing God's love with them, in both my words and actions. Each night I look back over my day, sometimes feeling like I accomplished a lot; other times realizing I wasted time and opportunity, watching TV and being lazy...

I probably shouldn't write at 1 am, I'm too tired to think of anything profound. Looking forward to going camping this weekend; Brady's first camping trip! It's supposed to rain a lot.

Things are moving along at church. Lisa and I are almost finished with some documents and plans that will help us work through a lot during the next month; then things should begin to take off.

No comments: