Sunday, August 13, 2006

A long day

Today was a rough day. After church we had a listening session with the folks at church (mostly the older folks). It didn't go well. Most people were polite, but 3 or 4 were very harsh in their complaints. One was rude and sarcistic toward me, several times. He would throw out accusations and complaints, then when I tried to respond, he shook his head and laughed. After three times, I'd had enough, and said, "I'm going to ask you to stop laughing while I speak or please leave the room." He left. We tried to get the meeting back on track, prayed together, and left.

I felt lousy. Angry at being so disrespected. Disappointed in myself for losing my cool. All this on the heels of a great message about unity from one of our trustees.

The day did get better. Got some good feedback from a couple friends. Jamie was very supportive, as were my co-pastor and her husband. My friend Chris came over and had dinner with us; we watched some of the Redskins game.

So even in the midst of a messy day, I still see God. I still sense His love. I ask Him to help us make progress through this situation. I hope tomorrow's a good day!

No comments: