Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a great deal, and great tv

check out this incredible deal at amazon. Brian McLaren's A New Kind of Christian trilogy boxed set, usually $65.85, on sale for $13.17! These books really changed a lot of how I think about and see and experience God. I know Brian is considered controversial by some; but honestly, these books are phenomenal. I bought 5 today to hold onto for future gifts.
Update: the sale is over. bummer.

I'm not usually a fan of reality TV, but my favorite new show is Top Chef, on Bravo. It's kind of like Survivor meets American Idol meets Rachel Ray. It's fun watching the contestants create these incredible dishes, and also watch them get competitive with each other. Check it out Wednesdays at 10 pm.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Thanks for the info at Amazon! You're like my news source Todd for the blogging world, etc. Stephen said the same thing.

Tom said...

I just clicked on the link and the box set is selling for $62.00. Looks like the sale is over. Generous Orthodoxy was selling for the price you quoted though.

Todd said...

bummer, Tom; I wonder if someone had made a mistake? Now I wish I had bought a dozen and put them on ebay. If you want a set Tom, I'll sell it to you.