Friday, May 06, 2011

random thoughts


Just some random thoughts on a Friday night. It was a good week; worked at Mountain View most of the week--fun in PE class (whiffle ball), English, Chemistry.

Had some good and bad baseball this week. A fun, come from behind win by the home team in a local varsity game tonight; and a 15-1 private school blowout yesterday. The language in baseball is pretty rough, even in high school. At least at the private schools, they preface the profanity with prayer; ie. "Jesus Christ, I didn't hit that worth sh*t!"

Tonight I was standing near the plate between innings, looking up at the sky--it was beautiful. We had rain earlier, now it was clearing up, the sun was going down, and the sky was filled with scattered clouds and rays of sunshine breaking through. Just then, three old airplanes flew over the field (there is an old air-field nearby). Watching those planes fly across the sky, with the clouds and the colors of the sunset behind, was breathtaking.

I stood there thinking how great my life is. Even in stressful times, I am blessed with a family that fills me with joy, a home, great friends, and baseball. I love baseball season. I love umpiring. 2 games tomorrow; better get to bed.

No comments: