Sunday, May 04, 2008

greatest sports movies

something a little lighter tonight. I heard a couple guys on the radio discussing sports films; so here are my favorite sports movies. I'm sure I'll remember something else after I post; but here it is (for now!) Let the debate begin!

1. Rocky
2. Hoosiers
3. Bull Durham
4. Karate Kid
5. Remember the Titans
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. The Bad News Bears
8. Jerry Maguire
9. North Dallas Forty
10. Breaking Away
11. Chariots of Fire
12. Field of Dreams
13. Raging Bull
14. Vision Quest
15. The Natural
16. Cinderella Man
17. A League of Their Own
18. Slap Shot
19. Caddyshack
20. The Longest Yard


5 comments:

Tom said...

bull durham...dude...chick flick in disguise. would you like a 1/2 pint with your film todd?

Anonymous said...

Are these in order for you?
Cinderella Man would be more at the top for me.

Tin Cup would have made my list.

Also, if they could be included as sport, Hidalgo, Seabiscuit (yes I like some horse movies) and coach Carter.

And last but not least, Extreme Days. Yes, I believe extreme sports count as sports.

Todd said...

Tom,

you're crazy! chick flick? A true baseball lover would know that's not the case...Tim Robbins has some of the greatest repeat lines ever...

and yes, I'm secure enough in my masculinity to only drink a half pint (a full one makes me too sleepy in class) ;-)

Steve,

good input--I really liked Cinderella Ma, and Seabiscuit. I think for me, it takes time for movies to move up the list, have to see them a few times, feel the lasting impact. Haven't seen Extreme Days; I'll have to check it out.

Tom said...

dude we need to hang out more...it'll help you. :) just kidding. fun list g-funk. i was hoping for a little "Rudy" myself.

Todd said...

Tom, I think I've got some Rudy backlash--because it's so talked about--and now when I look at Rudy I just see a hobbit.