Tuesday, October 09, 2007

random thoughts

I've been horrible at posting lately...life is just way too busy (my constant excuse). We had a baby three weeks ago (well, my wife did all the work). She doesn't like me to post personal stuff on here for the world to see, so we have a family blog (pictures and family news) open by invitation only. If you know me, and would like to see it; let me know and I'll send an invitation.

we had a great service Sunday afternoon; talked about Lament. We had a dramatic reading of some Psalms of lament, then talked about what lament is; then had people write their own laments. I hoped one or two might share theirs; about 10 people read theirs--very powerful! I often feel so busy on Sunday that I don't feel focused on worship; but this week was great.

If you haven't listened to Sinead O'Connor's CD Theology; I recommend it. We used the song "Rivers of Babylon" Sunday. (The lyrics are from Psalm 137). We've used a couple of the songs in worship...

church is good; lot's going on...trying to figure out how to recruit and equip volunteers, best structure for leadership...

I finally ordered a macbook--UPS's website says it should arrive today!

Just ordered Tim Keel's new book, Intuitive Leadership: Embracing a Paradigm of Narrative, Metaphor, and Chaos ...very eager to read it!

Still working my way through Brian McLaren's new book; great so far; I'll write more soon...back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed you are GOING to work with little one on board.

Wish I'd known about O'Connor's 137 - I also preached on that last week and I used the (much lamer) song from Godspell.

Take it easy today.

Tom said...

Glad you're posting again!